Each year a great majority of people suffer from some sort of an ear infection. It happens when our Eustachian tubes are blocked due to fluid buildup in the central region of the ear. Another cause of fluid blockage relates to different kinds of allergies. An ear infection can be extremely painful due to the presence of fluid residue that has been left for long. Due to the sensitivity of this infection, young kids are more likely to suffer from it.
This infection tends to affect the air-filled spaces situated behind the eardrum. As a result, several vibrating bones of the middle ear are unable to function properly. This is why the ear becomes infected over the time.
Other causes of ear infection are as follows:
- It is also caused due to a bacterial virus in the ear. This virus tends to swell the nasal passages as well as creates a congestion in the ear.
- In case, you live in a highly polluted environment, you may expect to get ear infections.
- Infants, who have a habit of drinking milk from a bottle while laying down, may develop this disease.
- It can spread most commonly during cold weathers. All those people who suffer from some kind of seasonal allergy may be at a higher risk of ear infection.
The symptoms occur at a rapid pace; therefore, you quickly diagnose this condition.
- You might not be able to hear clear sounds.
- You may sense pulling or tugging in the ear.
- You might experience trouble in sleeping.
- You suffer from 100 F fever or even higher.
- You can expect fluid drainage from time to time.
- You might have to go through recurring episodes of a headache.
- You might feel irritated for the most part of the day.
- You can suffer severe ear pain that might escalate.
- You might feel full after consuming little amount of food.
- In case, the ear pain is severe and lasts for more than a day, then you should call a doctor. If blood starts coming from your ears, it is not a good sign as well.
Things to Consider
- Other than that, if your infant child has the any of the above symptoms, then you should seek immediately seek treatment.
- You should prefer to stay in smoke-free atmospheres. The fact is that smoke can be extremely dangerous; therefore, it should be avoided at all costs.
- You should also breastfeed your infant baby for the first six months. The break milk will prevent the chance of ear infection as it contains antigens.
- With that said, it is also recommended to get all the necessary vaccinations for your kid.
- Pneumococcal Vaccines
- Seasonal Flu Shots
- Bacterial Vaccines
DISCLAIMER: The medical information on this site is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes. This information is not intended to be patient education, does not create any patient-physician relationship, and should not be used as a substitute for professional diagnosis and treatment.